|Contact Name:||Cammy Hensley|
|Date Posted:||Mar 20, 2019|
3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. School experience may be substituted for some work experience.
· Team Leader for project proficiency and performance
· Department Lead for technical competency
Designer II is a position for someone who has experience with the design process, either at EMA or elsewhere. Should have some familiarity of codes, the design process, and be able to consistently complete job deliverables and deadlines on time. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT is required. Designer II will be responsible for learning the complete design process from beginning to end, time management, and communication/coordination with others.
Job responsibilities include:
· Learn EMA’s design process to get projects to 100% or as close to 100% as possible.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
· Performs design calculations, prepares material and equipment specifications, and provides preliminary sketches and notes for drawings.
· Check drawings for completeness and accuracy.
· Help train less experienced team members to gain experience and knowledge of EMA’s design process.
· Communicate and coordinate with project managers, team members, team leader, owners, architects, etc. on design work, job schedules, and deadlines for each project.
· Increase time management and organization skills by learning to review submittals, write addendums, as well as answering RFIs, ASIs, and emails in a professional and timely manner.
· Prioritize and delegate through the design process for a project as needed.
· Conduct field work as needed for design which may include but is not limited to extensive walking, the ability to drive to a job site, climbing on a ladder, crawling through crawlspaces, and walking on a roof.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Design a project from start to finish with minimal help
· Training new designers and showing leadership skills
· Be able to create a list of project questions to an architect, owner, project manager, etc.
· Set up and edit specifications
· Write addendums and check submittals
· Answers RFIs and help create ASIs
· Engineering degree
· Industry accreditations/certifications
· Meeting team metrics
· Associates of Applied Science in Engineering Design Technology, Graduate Engineer, Certificate of Proficiency in Computer-Aided Drafting, or equivalent education is required.
· AutoCAD experience required
· Revit experience required
· Plumbing Designer Certification Strongly Preferred
Benefits for full-time EMA employees include:
· Employer paid Medical and Dental plan for employees and partial paid Medical plan for dependents.
· Optional supplemental plans include vision, accident & wellness, and cancer policies.
· Enhanced matching 401(k) plan. Maximum match equals employee contribution of 6%, with company match of 7% (6% match + additional 1%).
· Mileage reimbursement that follows the IRS reimbursement rate
· Generous Paid Time Off policy
· Seven paid company holidays