|Contact Name:||Cammy Hensley|
|Date Posted:||Mar 18, 2019|
4 to 7 years of progressive post graduate work experience.
As a fully competent Registered Professional Engineer, the Professional Engineer performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of engineering to the functional area of the project. The Professional Engineer exercises judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT is required. Should have a firm understanding of codes, EMA’s design process, and be able to consistently complete job deliverables and deadlines on time. The Professional Engineer should be a leader on the team and should focus on communication and coordination with project managers, team leader, team members, etc. The Professional Engineer will also assist in training down to other team members on how EMA’s design process works.
· Team Leader for project proficiency and performance
· Department Lead for technical competency
Job responsibilities include:
· Design most projects from start to finish with little or no help
· Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
· Provide guidance and leadership for discipline, time management, and professionalism
· Communicate with owners and architects regarding design, questions, or issues
· Answer design questions from team members, team leader, and project manager
· Display excellent coordination with peers, team members, owners, architects, utilities, etc.
· Communication with team leader and project managers about project related questions and problems
· Set up and edit specifications for jobs. Be able to train other team members on specification process.
· Write Addendums, review submittals, and answer RFIs and ASIs in a professional and timely manner
· Help train less experienced team members to learn how to track job schedules, deadlines, RFIs, ASIs, emails, etc.
· Aid organization of department by keeping up with details and symbols. Also by learning new software, tools, etc.
· Conduct field work as needed for design which may include but is not limited to extensive walking, the ability to drive to a job site, climbing on a ladder, crawling through crawlspaces, and walking on a roof
· Engineering degree required
· Registered as a Professional Engineer
· AutoCAD experience required
· Revit experience required
Benefits for full-time EMA employees include:
· Employer paid Medical and Dental plan for employees and partial paid Medical plan for dependents.
· Optional supplemental plans include vision, accident & wellness, and cancer policies.
· Enhanced matching 401(k) plan. Maximum match equals employee contribution of 6%, with company match of 7% (6% match + additional 1%).
· Mileage reimbursement that follows the IRS reimbursement rate
· Generous Paid Time Off policy
· Seven paid company holidays